On our platforms we provide CFDs, which are contracts, based on the price of an underlying asset, that don’t ?grant ownership of the physical goods. Traders like this aspect since you do not have to actually own the asset, yet you can trade them whenever you want.
Start trading commodities with AvaTrade and enjoy the benefits of trading with a regulated, award-winning broker!
With the unique variety of CFD’s available at AvaTrade, you can trade a wide range of markets from metals to energies and more.
- Trade hard or soft commodities on our advanced MetaTrader 4 & MetaTrader 5 trading platforms
- Trade on the go anytime, anywhere with our innovative trading app AvaTradeGO
- Autotrading solutions available, including Expert Advisors and copy trading platforms like Zulutrade and Duplitrade, as well as the Guardian Angel add-on.
- Start today with a small amount and trade up to leverage available to you
- Get competitive spreads
- 24/5 live client support in your language
At AvaTrade you can trade commodities online easily. Try hard or soft commodities trading with the leading regulated broker and enjoy all the benefits that go along with it.
What are Commodities
A commodity is a good used in business or on a market. Each commodity, when traded on an exchange, must meet standards and grades. They may each be slightly different, however, ultimately are the same amongst all producers. There are two different kinds of commodities, soft and hard:
Soft commodities – This refers to items that are grown as opposed to mined. For example, agricultural products such as sugar, corn, wheat, coffee and more. Produced ?by farmers, these instruments are highly sensitive to climate and weather changes, and have cyclical price patterns dictated by seasons.
Various factors can affect the prices of commodities and contribute to their fluctuation significantly.
Supply and Demand – If supply and demand balance out, prices should stay the same. However, anytime the market thinks the supply will be lower due to weather or production cuts, prices tend to go higher, and vice versa; higher supplies tent to lead to lower prices.
Stock and Inventories – Production of these commodity prices can be affected by the following; weather, crop diseases, production issues with staff, political and economic environments which form additional charges such as taxes, trade laws, subsides from governments etc.
Currency Strength – Connections between some of the worlds most traded commodities and Forex pairs are common. For example, the Canadian dollar (CAD) is connected to oil trading prices since Canada is a large exporter of oil. If you are aware of these common connections, then monitoring them and trading at the right time are important to making the right decisions in successful trading. It should be noted that most commodities are priced in US dollars, and thus it would be wise to monitor the dollar index in order to better forecast the price dynamics. We allow forex trading from the same trading platform, so you can use these correlations to your advantage.
Inflation – When there is inflation, the price of a commodity usually changes accordingly.
Why Trade Commodities
Having a variety of commodities in your trading portfolio can be a great addition and can potentially increase returns. Commodities do not pay dividends, at the same time they do not go bankrupt.
Some great advantages are:
- They can protect against inflation; when economies experience inflation, the prices of commodities have a tendency to go up.
- Profits can be large; commodity CFDs are traded on margin, which means higher potential returns as well as risks.
- Low startup costs, all you need is your computer and
- Trade from home or on the go with our new app, AvaTradeGO
- Profit from long or short positions
Still having doubts? Take a look at the Avatrade Reviews by our clients!
Ready to start trading commodities with AvaTrade? Register today and enjoy the benefits of trading with a regulated, award-winning broker!